two cents

Dear Product Manufacturers,

Dear Product Manufacturers,

It's me, your customer. I'm writing with a request. Can you please stop making products that are hard to use? Products that I can't figure out without pulling out my product manual? You know the ones...with complicated ways to use them or things that won't work properly unless you add an impossible mix of forgettable things? I'm looking at you, Craftsman. I know you're better than this. Why do I have to put in a mixture of gas & special oil into my weed whacker? Why can't I just put in one easy to find thing in one place (gasoline), and another easy to find thing in another (standard oil) and you mix it for me? What is this, 1952? Or my lawnmower. What kind of oil do I need to add? It's not written anywhere on the product, and your manual (gone) isn't even available online. And you Microsoft. Well, there's just too much to mention...

You can do better. You can make the things I have to do regularly brainless. You can make the things I have to do irregularly not even that hard - or at least easy to track down. I know you can do it.

Thanks,
Your Consumer